1. Cut lemons into quarters and pack into a jar, pressing down to extract juice, and layering with salt as you go.
2. Top up with extra lemon juice, if necessary, to ensure lemons are submerged.
3. Seal jar and place in a cool, dark place for at least four weeks. When using preserved lemons, discard flesh and pips and use the skin.
4. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and toast 5 min/Varoma/speed 1. Allow to cool for 1 minute with lid removed. Turbo 1 sec/Turbo, then set aside. Do not wash the mixing bowl.
5. Place yoghurt, tahini, lemon and garlic in mixing bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 6. Check sauce consistency: you want it to be thick, but pourable. Add 50 grams water, if necessary, along with the olive oil and salt. Mix 5 sec/speed 6, then scrape down and mix 10 sec/speed 5, or until consistency is smooth.
6. Scrape out bowl well and reserve sauce. There’s no need to wash mixing bowl.
7. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and chop 1 sec/Turbo. Set aside. There’s no need to wash mixing bowl.
Salmon and Quinoa
8. Place water in mixing bowl, quinoa in steamer basket and set basket in place.
9. Place salmon skin-side down on Varoma tray and season with zaatar. Steam 20 min/Varoma/speed 2.
10. When salmon and quinoa are cooked, set salmon aside and turn quinoa into a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, currants and lemon zest, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve salmon, skin-side down on a platter. Smother with Tahini Sauce and scatter with Walnut Relish. Serve with extra sauce, topping and quinoa.