Do you ever have those “OMG I forgot to make dinner!” moments?
Wouldn’t it be good to have a healthy pantry meal always on hand that you could get on the table in 20 minutes?
This is that dish, literally created in one of those moments when… “Whoops, who are these hungry people asking me what’s for dinner? Gah!” I stood at the pantry, umming and ahhing then said more or less confidently, “lentil and tomato soup.” We’ve had it countless times since – even sometimes by plan!
Scroll down to hear me tell the tale!
Serves: 4-6 as a main, 8 as an entree
Time: 20 minutes
- 200 grams red lentils
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes (400 grams)
- 2½ tins water (1000 grams)
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder (or other)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
1. Place all ingredients into mixing bowl. Cook for 20 min/100ºC/speed 2.
Garnish with herbs if desired.
- Replace the tinned tomatoes with passata if desired.
- Replace curry powder with sweet paprika if desired.
Subscribe for immediate access to my library of inspiring Thermomix recipes and videos, with a new one uploaded every week, including:
- Another easy soup, a sublime recipe from George Calombaris – Pumpkin Soup with Virtual Bacon Dust.
- Another simple family dish to go with the lentil soup – try my easy, adaptable Apricot Coconut Cobbler.
- A fun video with Ben Shewry saving Egg Fu Yong from Chinese takeaway purgatory
- The Basque Cheesecake that is changing people’s lives. See the trailer!
More about Dani Valent Cooking
Dani Valent Cooking is a subscription website for Thermomix cooking videos. I launched it in 2016, but I’ve been brewing the idea for a couple of years. Dani Valent Cooking is the home of inspiring, informative, practical, beautiful Thermomix videos, the kind of videos I’d like to watch.
It follows on from my two award-winning Thermomix cookbooks.