1. Place garlic cloves in mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6.
2. Add 500 grams tahini, 200 grams water, lime juice and salt and mix for 10 sec/speed 8.
3. Add 150 grams water and mix for a further 10 sec/speed 8. (You could also combine steps 2 and 3, and add 350 grams water at once.)
4. Remove tahini mixture from bowl and set aside. Add chickpeas and 100 grams water and process for 12 sec/speed 9. Scrape down mixture and process for a further 12 sec/speed 9, then scrape down again and process for a further 5 sec/speed 10 or until smooth.
4. Return 200 grams tahini mixture to mixing bowl. Blend 7 sec/speed 9. Reserve remaining tahini mixture (see Tips).
5. Add up to 100 g plain tahini and mix 5 sec/speed 10. You’re looking for a texture that is sturdy but light. Scrape down (and add a little more tahini if desired) then mix well for 15 sec/speed 10.
6. Adjust taste with salt and lime juice. Add a handful of parsley and the chilli and blend 10 sec/speed 8. (You could also add the salt, lime, parsley and chilli at step 5.)
To serve, pour onto a serving dish (or if you’re Eyal, pour it straight onto the table!) and smooth into a circle with a rim, like a high-sided plate. Scatter with chopped green chilli, squeeze over halved tomatoes, drizzle generously with oil and sprinkle with parsley. Eat with hot pita and mad abandon!