1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
2. Place almonds in mixing bowl and grind 10 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
3. Place butter in the mixing bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 5. Scrape down using spatula.
4. Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla bean paste, ground almonds, polenta, orange zest, orange blossom water and baking powder then combine 40 sec/speed 5. You may have to pause halfway through and scrape the mixture down with a spatula to ensure the mixture is fully incorporated.
5. Scrape the cake batter into the prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes. Clean mixing bowl.
1. To make the syrup, place the rosemary leaves, orange juice, orange blossom water and sugar in the mixing bowl. Cook 10 min/120°C/speed 1/MC removed. In TM31, cook on Varoma temperature.
2. Carefully remove cake from tin. Turn the cake onto a serving plate and poke holes all over the sponge with a skewer. Drizzle the syrup over the cake using a spoon until it is all used up and soaked in. Ideally, leave to cool and infuse for at least 3 hours before serving. It tastes even better the next day.
1. To make the sorbet, place sugar in mixing bowl and blitz 2 sec/speed 9.
2. Add mango and chop 10 sec/speed 8.
3. Insert Butterfly whisk. Add cardamom and egg white. Whip for 50 sec/speed 4.
Serve immediately with polenta cake.