1. Place bread and lemon zest into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 8. Without a Thermomix, finely chop in a food processor or use a knife.
2. Add capers, almonds, paprika, parsley, mint and pepper and chop 6 sec/speed 7. Without a Thermomix, finely chop capers, almonds and herb and combine ingredients.
3. Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add butter and olive oil. Transfer crumb mixture into pan and fry, stirring frequently, until golden brown and crunchy (5–10 minutes). Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
4. Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma dish into position and place asparagus into it. Secure Varoma lid and steam 10 min/Varoma/speed 1. Without a Thermomix, steam over stovetop or cook in microwave. Transfer asparagus into a bowl filled with cold water to cease cooking. Once cooled, drain and transfer onto paper towel and pat dry.
5. Place asparagus onto a serving platter and drizzle with olive oil. Scatter generously with crumbs before serving.