Festive spice mix
1. Place all Spice Mix ingredients in mixing bowl and mill 40 sec/speed 10 or until finely ground. Store in an airtight container. If continuing with biscuits there’s no need to wash the bowl.
2. Place sugar in mixing bowl and mill 6 sec/speed 10.
3. Add butter and mix 30 sec/speed 5.
4. Add egg, spice (4 tsp, or to taste) and salt. Mix 20 sec/speed 5.
5. Add flour and mix 20 sec/speed 5. Scrape down and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
6. Remove dough from mixing bowl and form into a flattened brick. Wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F and line a baking tray with baking paper. Flour rolling surface and rolling pin. Roll dough to about 5mm (0.2 in) thickness, flouring as you go, before cutting into shapes or embossing with designs.
8. Place in oven (200°C / 400°F) and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool before moving. Store in an airtight container.