Refreshing and spritzy, this drink is based on the Italian sgroppino, lemon sorbet topped off with sparkling wine. It’s usually served as a palate cleanser or dessert and is best known in Venice. I’ve turned it into a blended drink which can be toned down with extra ice or soda water.
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) sugar
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) water
- 50 grams (2 oz) lemon juice
- 750 grams (26.5 oz) Prosecco, or other sparkling wine
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) vodka
- 600 grams (21 oz) ice cubes
- Place sugar and water into TM bowl and mix for 4 min/100°C (212°F)/speed 1 to dissolve sugar and create a sugar syrup. Stir on speed 1 (no heat) until cooled to 37°C (98.6°F). (If you’re in a rush to start cocktail hour, decant the sugar syrup into a shallow container and rinse the mixing bowl with cold water to cool it down, then pour the syrup back in.)
- Add lemon juice, Prosecco, vodka and ice cubes to the cooled sugar syrup and blend for 20 sec/speed 10.
- Pour into tall glasses and drink immediately.
Recipe from my second cookbook, In The Mix 2: More Great Thermomix Recipes, page 52.