1. Place corn nuts into mixing bowl and blitz 30 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. No need to clean mixing bowl.
2. Place all ingredients except for the water and oil into mixing bowl and blend on speed 5. Whilst blending, drizzle the water in through hole in mixing bowl lid to assist with the emulsification process.
3. Slowly drizzle oil in through hole in mixing bowl lid until you hear the emulsion thicken up. Transfer allioli into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
4. Measure water into mixing bowl and place Varoma into position. Cut off ends of corn and remove husks. Cut cobs in half and place standing upright in Varoma. Place lid into position and steam 16 min/Varoma/speed 1.
5. Spread allioli over a serving plate. Remove corn from Varoma and stand upright. Season with salt and skewer ends. Roll corn cobs in butter, then roll in dried maize to coat.
Place corn cobs on allioli-dressed plate to serve.