Thermomix version by Dani Valent
Serve this as a dipping sauce for dumplings or as a condiment. (Actually I have been putting it on everything, including toast with avocado.)
Makes about 500 ml (2 cups).
- 500 grams fresh long, red chillies, seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 300 grams canola oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 50 grams light soy sauce
- Place chillies and garlic into mixing bowl and process 15 sec/speed 4.5, until you have a rough paste.
- Whilst mixing on speed 3, gradually add the oil through hole in mixing bowl lid, blending to a smooth consistency.
- Add the salt and sugar to mixing bowl and cook 20 min/100°C (212°F)/speed 1, then 25 min/Varoma/speed 1 until the sauce has turned bright red and the raw taste has cooked out.
- Add soy sauce and stir 15 sec/speed 2. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Stored in a sterilised jar, this chilli sauce will keep indefinitely in the fridge.