Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking may collect your personal information in different ways:
· When you subscribe to www.DaniValent.com, www.DaniValentCooking.com (Website) or otherwise register for our updates;
· when you sign up to our Newsletter and in relation to promotional and marketing materials and activities;
· through the Contact Us page on the Website, if you decide to submit a query;
· when you register for or attend an event organised by or in conjunction with Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking; and
· when you purchase our products or services through the Website.
What information does Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking collect?
The type of personal information that we collect may vary but will generally include your name and contact details (such as address, billing address, telephone number and email). It is unlikely that we will collect any sensitive information. If you choose to purchase one of our products or services or attend one of our events, we may collect your credit card details and other identifying information in order to process the order or booking and provide the relevant service.
Use and disclosure
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and in some instances for a secondary purpose that is related to the primary purpose, where you would reasonably expect us to do so.
The purposes for which we collect your information may include the following activities (Activities):
· To contact you;
· To send out or provide links to our newsletters, videos, recipes, marketing and promotional material and products and services that you request from us or which we believe may be of interest to you (unless you have requested not to be contacted for such purposes);
· To reserve your place at a Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking event (or an event organised in collaboration with Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking); or
· To process your online order for one of our products.
By providing your contact details, such as your address, email address and telephone numbers to Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking, you consent to Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking contacting you in relation to the Activities listed above. We may send this information in a number of different ways, including email, social media, SMS and mail. You can opt out by emailing: helloatdanivalent.com, (replacing ‘at’ with the @ symbol) or by writing to Dani Valent Cooking at PO Box 3079, Ripponlea, Vic 3185, Australia, or by using the unsubscribe facility that Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking includes in the relevant emails and SMSs.
In some situations you may be able to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you do not provide relevant personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the information or Activities you have requested us to provide.
Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking may use and disclose your information in confidence to our business partners and third party service providers in order to perform any of the Activities. We may also use and disclose your information in confidence to advisers and insurers and where Dani Valent Cooking is required to do so by law.
We will not sell your information to third parties (such as marketing companies) without your prior consent.
Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking will undertake reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is securely stored and protected from loss, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or other misuse. To the extent permitted by law, Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information.
Dani Valent Cooking will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for our Activities.
Trans-border data flows
As some of our business and promotional partners are overseas entities or have overseas subsidiaries, we may need to disclose your personal information to such overseas recipients in order to perform the Activities. Your information may also be backed up on servers that are located outside Australia.
Data quality and accessing and updating your personal information
You may contact Dani Valent/Dani Valent Cooking to update your personal information. To do so please email us at helloatdanivalent.com, (replacing ‘at’ with the @ symbol).