Resource links – hope it helps
This page is to assist hospo businesses and workers with resources that might be useful as we all try to navigate a COVID-19 worldscape. Inclusion does not necessarily equal endorsement. If you are looking for something that’s not here, please ask.
ASSISTANCE FOR BUSINESSES
JobKeeper Package Fact Sheet
Sign up for JobKeeper here.
Summary of JobKeeper, 30.3.20:
– casual workers are only eligible if employed for 1 year as at March 1
Vic Gov Fact Sheet on business assistance
SBO.Financial has prepared this document to track of all the grants, tax breaks and assistance packages available to Australian Small Business. The objective is to centralise all of the concessions available to ensure every small businesses can easily access this information and apply accordingly.
Letter to Landlord Template – Rent Reduction
Access $10K super: factsheet
You’re able to access $10K super this and next financial year if you are a sole trader – your business was suspended or there was a reduction in your turnover of 20% or more
STAND DOWNS ETC
Liberty Sanger has provided this advice for employers wondering about legal obligations re delivery, standing down vs paying accrued leave and other matters. Maurice Blackburn generally acts for workers but if you saw my Instagram Live interview with Liberty, you would have gleaned that she loves the industry and believes we’re all in this together. She advises that employers and employees alike lobby for emergency and basic income payments for hospo workers.
ASSISTANCE FOR EMPLOYEES
Lost your job? CentreLink has waived waiting periods
Guardian rundown on how to apply for benefits
Access $10K super: factsheet
- You’re able to access $10K super this and next financial year from mid-April
To be eligible you need to satisfy one or more of the following.
- you are unemployed
- you are eligible for Centrelink payments
- you were made redundant
- your working hours were reduced by 20% or more
- if you are a sole trader – your business was suspended or there was a reduction in your turnover of 20% or more
Hospo Voice is demanding that the Federal Government provides a living wage for every worker affected by this crisis
I know that Hospo Voice is a controversial organisation, not well-loved by many employers. I get it. But they are advocating for something which we all probably want right now, which is money in the pockets of laid-off hospo workers. They are also tallying lost hours and income at I Lost My Hospo Shift.
Hospitality hub Worksmith has created an amazing resource of info and links for employers and employees
FareShare is accepting food donations from restaurants seeking to offload produce. PLEASE CALL FIRST 03 9428 0044. The kitchen is at 1-7 South Audley Street, Abbotsford VIC 3067.
GUIDELINES FROM FARESHARE
Unfortunately we have no remaining capacity to collect.
We would love to receive products that are
- within use-by date
- no more than 6 months past best before date
We cannot accept:
- any product past ‘Use By’ date
- any products that have not been cooked/manufactured or packaged on a registered premises
- shelf-stable product more than 6 months past ‘Best Before’ date
- refrigerated food past ‘Best Before’ date
- product where the packaging seal has been broken
- product where the cold chain has not been maintained
- product subject to a safety recall
- unlabelled product provided without ingredient details
- meat that has not been slaughtered in an accredited abattoir or processing plant
- canned/preserved food where the aseptic liner has been pierced/broken
They are an amazing organisation (I’m an ambassador, slightly biased, but it’s true). A volunteer workforce turns donated food into nourishing meals for the needy. And yeah, there will more needy.
Restaurant & Catering Industry Association Coronavirus Hub
1 person per 4 sp m – How Does This Work? Via Restaurant Catering
Already paid your license? Email: email@example.com, ask for a reimbursement, include licence and permit number in your email.
If you have not paid, email them with subject line ‘Liquor Licence Renewal Waiver’
On a desktop? Right click on image to expand.
Did you know that Uber, Deliveroo and Menulog now allow you to set a different price on their apps from your menu price. This effectively means you can cut commission yourself by raising prices.
Menulog just announced that they will redeploy restaurant workers as delivery drivers
Upload any products here
Mr Yum – doing 4.5% and pickup + delivery, integrated with Drive Yello.
Our Boys & Girls event staff has swiftly pivoted to a delivery service – call Susie to discuss 0403 780 000
PROMOTE YOUR TAKEAWAY
Broadsheet is running a live list. Email directory at broadsheet.com.au
The future – what should it look like? Share your thoughts on where to after this ****.