It was fun and informative cooking alongside Malaysian cookbook author Annie Xavier when she visited Melbourne. We hung out at Prahran Market, cooking, chatting and eating. While the Thermomix did the hard work of making our lunch, we took the time to have a chat about her approach to Chinese-Malaysian cooking.
I bet you can relate! Annie has turned traditional recipes learnt from her mother into fast recipes suited for a busy modern lifestyle. We also chat about the melting pot that is Malaysian culture. It’s an amazing and vibrant place, with intertwined cultures and cuisines feeding off each other.
You may also love these Asian recipes:
- Char Siu Bao – barbecued pork buns, or just make the barbecued pork and serve it with greens and rice
- Thai Ribs with Coconut Rice & Coleslaw – I use beef in the video, but try it with pork ribs or shoulder – amazing!
- Jing Shui Daan – Chinese style steamed custard with a minced pork dressing. So comforting.
- I think you’ll love my Beef Stir-Fry.
- And I’ve got even more Malaysian recipes here!
- Check out my travel video – is Penang Asia’s tastiest island?