Travelling & Eating in Mexico
Exploring Mexican cuisine with chef Edgar Nuñez
When I travel, I always head straight for the produce markets. It’s because I love seeing what’s growing, what people are eating, and I also love the buzz and bustle of market life. Mexican markets are so incredibly energetic: noisy, busy, fragrant, intense! I knew I needed an expert by my side to help me understand what I was seeing, smelling and tasting at Coyoacan Market in Mexico City – there are thousands of indigenous Mexican herbs, for a start! – so I enlisted the help of top Mexican chef Edgar Nunez.
Join us as we explore moles, pepians and mushrooms, eat tortillas and carnitas and drink delicious goblets of juice, chat about huitlacoche, a crazy fungus that inhabits corn, and collect a sugar skull with my name on it. We then head back to Sud 777, Edgar’s fine dining restaurant to cook up some of the beautiful produce we’ve purchased.
Want more Mexican food? Of course you do!
- Members have access to the recipe inspired by the refreshing Mexican Green Juice I drink in this video! It has as much vim and vigour as the market!
- Enjoy this recipe for Pan de Muerto, a Mexican brioche loaf, and a chat about its origins.
- Everyone LOVES this Pozole Negro, a hearty bean, corn and chicken soup.
- You need this awesome Chicken Tinga: ‘slow-cooked’ chicken in 30 minutes.
- Check out my Mexican Entertaining ideas, including a banging Mexican music playlist.
- I have an awesome Mexican chapter in my Entertaining cookbook.
A girl’s gotta get dressed. Today I am wearing ELK.
What’s this site all about?
My business card says ‘Writer. Eater. Traveller. Cook.’ I do all these things with equal passion, which is why I’m sometimes sitting at my laptop with an apron on! This is where I share all my best bits of writing, recipes and videos. There are free areas of the site where you can stay up to date with my journalism and get a taste of my cooking adventures. Sign up as a member and you’ll get access to my awesome and ever-growing library of cooking videos and recipes, focusing on Thermomix.
This is a place for inspiration, chefs’ secrets, practical tuition and happy creativity. If you like cooking and eating delicious food and basking in the compliments of family and friends, this site is for you. You’ll be amazed what you can create with my recipes and videos as your guide.
See what recipes are available here.
What do members love about the site?
Leave A Comment