Date(s) - Monday 02/12/2019
11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Join me behind-the-scenes with Phillippa’s Bakery founder Phillippa Grogan
My new Signature Dish Series is a way to share my access to top restaurants, chefs and producers with you. Participants will have unique experiences in great restaurants and production facilities, including deep engagement with great chefs and makers. By focusing on a signature dish, we give the creator an opportunity to shine, to share techniques, tips and stories. Attendees will improve as cooks and become more informed diners, gaining cooking insights and learning ingredient backstories.
I’ve been working with great excitement on this concept and I’m thrilled to bring you this third instalment in my Signature Dish Series, following two sellout events at Vue de monde and Maha. This one is a beauty!
We will share the morning with baking doyenne Phillippa Grogan at the bakery factory, which is normally closed to the public. We’ll see the fabulous Phillippa’s factory in action and learn how to make Phillippa’s famous mince pies, just in time for Christmas.
This is what’s included:
– exclusive behind-the-scenes access to Phillippa’s Bakery for just 10 people
– you’ll go where customers and diners are never allowed to go, into the factory which will be in the full swing of Christmas production!
– you’ll get hands-on in Phillippa’s kitchen and make your very own fruit mince pies to take home
– Phillippa Grogan will answer any questions about sourdough, baking and Christmas
– you’ll sit down for a beautiful Phillippa’s lunch
– you’ll enjoy a mini wine masterclass, matched to the mince pies
– you’ll go home with the recipe for Phillippa’s signature fruit mince pies, the pies you baked plus a key ingredient to make more, other Phillippa’s goodies and a bottle of premium wine
– it will be my pleasure to host you for this exclusive experience – I’ll also be sharing my summer hit-list of Melbourne restaurants you need to try, including places that will welcome you for a pre-Christmas catch-up.