Date(s) - Saturday 08/02/2020
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Lee Ho Fook Melbourne
Join me behind-the-scenes at Lee Ho Fook with Victor Liong
My monthly Signature Dish Series takes you behind-the-scenes with top chefs at great restaurants.
UPDATE: $50 from each ticket will be donated to Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund to assist in recovery from Australia’s devastating bushfires.
Picking up on the joy, colour and excitement of the Chinese New Year, we’re getting up close and personal with Victor Liong, one of Australia’s most exciting exponents of modern Chinese cuisine, at his fun and creative restaurant Lee Ho Fook.
Become a better cook (and more educated eater) of Asian dishes at my behind-the-scenes event.
This is what’s included:
– exclusive behind-the-scenes access to Lee Ho Fook for just 10 people
– you’ll go where diners are never allowed to go, into the kitchen
– we’ll start with an introduction to key Chinese flavours with a guided tasting exercise Victor has created especially for this event. You’ll dive deep into umami (what does it really mean?) and different types of soy and other seasonings. Understand how to build and balance various Asian sauces as you mix ingredients to your own taste, with Victor’s expert guidance.
– we’ll then move into the dynamic Lee Ho Fook kitchen to watch Victor create a signature barramundi dish using the sauce you’ve just learnt about. Of course, you get to eat it too!
– Victor will then cook two different stir-fry dishes using different methods, both restaurant style and home style. You’ll become stir-fry experts while you try these dishes.
– next up, we’re in the bar for a mini martini masterclass: Lee Ho Fook (and its Good Luck bar) specialise in martinis. Get the lowdown!
– Expect to become more confident and creative with Asian cooking strategies – you’ll leave inspired, energised, fed and watered. Your goodie bag includes Victor’s recipes, a key ingredient and a sneaky beverage to take home.
As with all events, participants will enjoy a unique and never-to-be-repeated experience in a great restaurant, including deep engagement with a great chef. By focusing on a signature dish, we give the creator an opportunity to shine, to share techniques, tips and stories. Attendees will improve as cooks and become more informed diners, gaining cooking insights and learning ingredient backstories.
I’ve been working with great excitement on this concept and I’m thrilled to bring you this fourth instalment in my Signature Dish Series, following three sellout events at Vue de monde, Maha and Phillippa’s Bakery. This one is a beauty!