1. Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh salt and sugar into it. Transfer into a pot large enough to contain turkey (ensure pot can fit into your refrigerator). Place water, juniper berries, black peppercorns, cinnamon and bay leaves into pot and place over high heat for 3-5 minutes, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Once cooled, submerge turkey, topping up with cold water to cover if necessary. Place a plate on top of turkey to keep it submerged under water and transfer into refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Remove turkey from brine, rinse well inside and out, then transfer onto a plate. Pat dry with paper towel and transfer into refrigerator, uncovered for a minimum of 2 hours (up to 24 hours) to completely dry out.
4. Cut butter into thin pieces and carefully place under the breast skin of the bird, pulling the skin away from the meat gently but firmly. Stand, uncovered, and bring to room temperature.
5. Place simmering basket onto mixing bowl lid and weigh quinoa into it. Rest simmering basket in a large bowl. Cover quinoa with water and allow to soak for 5 minutes. Rinse under running water until water runs clear.
6. Place 600 grams (21 oz) of the water and a pinch of extra salt into mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket with quinoa into mixing bowl and cook
15 min/Varoma/speed 1. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and set quinoa aside (quinoa will not be completely cooked). Discard water, then rinse and dry mixing bowl.
7. Place onion, garlic, basil, parsley, thyme, dill, salt and pepper into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5.
8. Add reserved quinoa, cranberries, half of the chives and 40 grams (1.5 oz) of the butter and combine 10 sec/Rev/speed 3. Adjust seasoning, if desired.
9. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Stuff brined turkey with quinoa mixture. Place turkey into a deep-sided roasting dish (32 x 23 cm / 13 x 9 in) on a roasting rack, breast side down. Place remaining 250 grams water (1 cup) in the bottom of the tray. Gently place a sheet of aluminium foil over exposed quinoa in turkey cavity. Transfer any remaining quinoa mixture around turkey and cook for 45 minutes (180°C / 350°F).
10. Rotate turkey to breast side up. Baste breasts with remaining 40 grams butter (1.5 oz). Add extra water to roasting dish if needed and bake for 45-60 minutes (180°C / 350°F), until turkey is cooked, checking water levels every 20 minutes. To check turkey is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the breast with a skewer; turkey is fully cooked when juices run clear. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes, loosely covered with aluminium foil. Slice turkey, garnish with remaining chives and extra cranberries, and serve with quinoa.