1. Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F). Place semi-dried tomatoes and garlic in mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
2. Add chilli flakes, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Mix 3 sec/speed 5.
3. On a floured surface, lightly roll puff pastry and cut into a circle approx. 25cm (10 in) diameter. Transfer to a silicone mat or baking paper on a baking tray. Score a 2cm (1 in) border around the edge of the pastry, ensuring you don’t cut all the way through. Use a fork to prick central circle all over.
4. Lightly beat egg and brush complete surface of pastry with egg, including centre and perimeter.
5. Spread tomato paste over central surface of pastry, leaving the 2cm (1 in) perimeter untouched.
6. Thinly slice tomatoes and layer over pastry, overlapping to cover the base, leaving the 2cm (1 in) perimeter untouched.
7. Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tomatoes are juicy and pastry perimeter is puffed and golden.
8. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then dollop with ricotta and garnish with basil.