The Negroni is a classic cocktail, often served as an aperitif. It’s dry and refreshing – though it does pack rather a punch, too. I love the classic Negroni but I also love to play around with flavour and texture. That’s how I came up with Nefrozi!
It’s a great partner to Frosé too. I reckon a fully stocked freezer includes a container of frozen rosé for Frosé and a container of the Nefrozi ingredients. Winning! Oh, you might also consider a batch of bolognese and some frozen cubes of chlorophyll but let’s not get distracted.
I mention another cheeky little tipple that I enjoy, Kombucha Spritz. All you do is put two fingers of kombucha into a tall glass, add two fingers of Campari, top it off with soda (or sparkling wine, if you’re feeling daring). I like heaps of ice in this drink too. I make my own kombucha but you can use bought ‘buch’ too.
Want more? Members have access to a triple-whammy video that starts with Nefrozi and continues with delicious Watermelon Blush and must-have Sangranita. They are both so good! Join now for instant access to this fab cocktail party.
Makes: about 1.3 litres (8-10 portions)
Time: 8 hours to freeze, 45 seconds to joy
- 200 grams (7 oz) gin
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) Campari
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) Vermouth
- 400 grams (14 oz) blood orange juice (or orange juice or ruby grapefruit juice)
- 500 (17.6 oz) grams ice
1. Place alcohol and blood orange juice together in a container. Freeze.
2. Transfer frozen mixture to mixing bowl and add ice. Blend 45 sec/speed 9.
- Use regular orange juice if you can’t find blood orange juice or prefer a sweeter flavour
- Use dry or sweet vermouth, as preferred
- Serve with a twist of orange zest if desired
- Use the Nefrozi as a garnish for oysters, either in the half-shell or in shot glasses as shooters.
- Afternoon Nefrozi goes so well with Sophia’s Orange and Polenta Cake.
More about this video
- A girl’s gotta get dressed, especially for a cocktail party. Today I’m wearing Melbourne label LeStripe and an Elk necklace.
- Want to keep it classic? Check out my Negroni, and a visit to a gin distillery.
- Want even more cocktails? Try my famous Frosé, Jesse Gerner’s aromatic Casa Daiquiri or my Watermelon Smash, featuring my favourite flavour combination: watermelon, ginger and mint.