- 100 grams light olive oil
- 1 egg
- 50 grams natural yoghurt
- ¼ tsp salt
- 110 grams caster sugar
- 200 grams banana, peeled, plus 1 sliced banana
- 170 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Preheat the oven to 170°C fan-forced (190°C conventional). Grease a 25-cm loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Place the oil, egg, yoghurt and salt in TM mixing bowl. Mix for 30 sec/speed 4.
- Add the sugar and the 200 g banana, broken into large pieces. Mix for 30 sec/speed 4.
- Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix for 30 sec/speed 5.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin, top with the sliced banana and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked – the cooked cake will be springy to the touch, and a skewer will come out clean.
- Turn onto a cake rack to cool. Serve thick slices, with a dollop of cinnamon yoghurt, if desired.
While you’ve got the oven on, why not bake Sophia’s Grissini and serve them with Dani’s Fetta Dip. It’s absolutely delicious!