1. Trim the stalk end of the beans.
2. Soak the currants in a little water to plump them up.
3. Place about 3cm water in a saucepan with a lid. Add a large pinch of salt and the beans. The beans don’t have to be submerged. Put the lid on, turn heat to high and cook for about six minutes, or until the lid is dancing and the beans are just cooked. In a Thermomix, place 500 grams (17.5 oz) of water in mixing bowl, beans in Varoma and cook 12 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until beans are just cooked.
4. Strain the beans. Refresh in iced water if serving cold, then strain. Toss beans with half the olive oil and place in a serving bowl.
5. Strain the currants, crumble the ricotta and finely slice the preserved lemon.
6. Scatter beans with currants, ricotta and lemon. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and scatter with remaining salt, to taste.