1.Place potatoes into steamer basket and water into mixing bowl. Set steamer basket in place and cook 25 min/Varoma/speed 2, or until potatoes are very tender.
2. Remove steamer basket and tip water from mixing bowl.
3. Insert Butterfly. Return potatoes to mixing bowl with butter and salt. Mash 30 sec/speed 4, or until smooth. Scrape out into a bowl and set aside. Clean mixing bowl.
4. Spoon or pipe mashed potato into jars, to about half-full. Create a little dip in the centre of each for the egg to sit. Crack an egg into each jar and seal lids.
5. Place 1L (35 oz) water into mixing bowl and set Varoma in place. Put jars into Varoma (you may need to cook in batches) and set lid in place. Cook 16 min/Varoma/speed 4 or until whites are just set.
6. Garnish with chives and flaked salt. Serve with toast and teaspoons, encouraging diners to stir egg and potato together before dipping, dunking and scooping.