1. Pour 500 grams water into mixing bowl and eggs into simmering basket. Set basket into position and cook 12 min/Varoma/speed 1. Remove simmering basket and set eggs aside in a bowl of cool water. Tip water out of mixing bowl.
2. Place butter and buckwheat into mixing bowl. Toast for 8 min/Varoma/speed 1.5.
3. Add curry powder, ginger and 500 grams water. Loosen buckwheat with spatula and cook 14 min/100°C/speed 1. Peel the eggs while buckwheat is cooking then return them to a bowl of cool water.
4. Add most of the trout (save some for garnish), the peas, a good squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix for 3 min/90°C/Reverse/speed 1. Taste for salt, pepper and lemon juice, adding more if desired.
5. Stir dill through crème fraiche in a small bowl, reserving some for garnish. Chop eggs in half. Place kedgeree into serving bowls or a platter. Garnish with eggs, herbed creme fraiche and lemon zest.