1. Place cheese, parsley and zest in mixing bowl and grate 8 sec/speed 7.
2. Add quark, eggs, nutmeg, cornflour and salt and pepper. Mix 30 sec/speed 4.5, or until mixed. Turn mixture into a bowl, flicking the last bits to the sides of the bowl with a quick 1 sec/Turbo. There’s no need to wash mixing bowl.
3. Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl and chop 1 sec/speed 7.
4. Add bread, zucchini and mushrooms. Chop 8 sec/speed 7. Scrape down.
5. Add beef, egg, currants and spices, including salt and pepper. Break up meat with spatula then mix 1 min/Rev/speed 3.5 or until well mixed. Scrape down, if necessary and mix for a further 5 sec/Rev/speed 3.5. Turn mixture into a bowl. There’s no need to wash mixing bowl.
6. Place passata in mixing bowl and cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 2.
7. While it’s heating, form the double dumplings. Using wet hands, or wearing gloves, form quark mixture into dumplings approximately 30 grams (1 oz) and place in Varoma tray. Form meat mixture into balls approximately 40 grams (1.5 oz), enclosing a cube of mozzarella in each. Place in Varoma dish. You’ll have mixture left over, which can be refrigerated for another time, or cooked in batches (see Tips). Set Varoma in place.
8. When time has elapsed, remove quark dumplings if cooked and springy. Add beans to steamer basket and set in place. Replace Varoma and cook Meat-and-Veg Dumplings and beans 10 min/Varoma/speed 2.
9. Serve double dumplings with a generous pour of passata, and scatter with chopped parsley, grated cheese and extra lemon zest, if desired.