1. Weigh flour, zest and salt into mixing bowl and blitz for 6 sec/speed 8.
2. Add butter and mustard and mix for 5 sec/speed 5 until a breadcrumb consistency is achieved.
3. Set to knead for 30 sec/Knead. While kneading, pour cold water onto lid and continue kneading until mixture comes together. Turn onto a silicone mat or clingflim and rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Without washing mixing bowl, weigh in 600 grams water. Arrange chicken in Varoma and set Varoma in place. Steam for 16 min/Varoma/speed 2.
5. Remove chicken, discard water from mixing bowl and insert butterfly whisk. Place chicken into mixing bowl and shred for 5 sec/Reverse/speed 4. Set aside in a bowl. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
6. Place butter and leek into mixing bowl. Cook for 9 min/100°C/speed spoon.
7. Add peas, curry powder (optional) and thyme. Cook for 2 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
8. Add leek mixture to chicken and gently stir with a spoon or spatula to mix. Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired.
9. Preheat oven to 170°C. Divide pastry into one-quarter and three-quarters. Roll out larger portion into a large circle, about 5mm thick, and top with filling. (Ideally, your filling is cool at this point but it’s possible to live on the edge – see the video!) Roll smaller pastry piece to about 5mm thick and cut into strips. Decorate pie with lattice and crimp edges to make a border.
10. Lightly beat egg and brush pastry with egg. Place in oven and bake (170°C) for 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
Allow to cool a little before cutting into slices. Eat as is or do as I do and serve with a green salad.