1. Place almonds in mixing bowl and mill 8-10 sec/speed 8.
2. Add other ingredients and mix 20 sec/speed 4. Remove from bowl, wrap in baking paper, and chill until filling is ready.
3. Without cleaning mixing bowl, place onion and garlic into bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
4. Add duck fat or ghee and cook 3-4 mins/Varoma/speed 1.5.
5. Add remaining cauliflower sauce ingredients to mixing bowl and place lid into position. Set to cook for 20 mins/Varoma/speed 1 while you prepare the chicken and vegetables.
Chicken and vegetables
6. Place vegetables into Varoma dish and chicken onto Varoma tray, speading out evenly and ensuring some holes remain uncovered. Place Varoma into position to cook for remainder of 20 minutes. Remove Varoma and transfer chicken and veggies into a large mixing bowl.
7. Place MC onto lid and blend cauliflower sauce 30 sec/speed 9, turning slowly from speed 1 to speed 9. Transfer sauce into bowl with chicken and vegetables, mix through and set aside.
8. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Roll out pastry to 3 mm thick on a silicone mat or sheet of baking paper, with a piece of baking paper on top of the dough so it doesn’t stick to the rolling pin. Cut circles to fit tops of ramekins. (Cut very gently on silicone mat using a butter knife so as not to damage the mat.)
9. Fill ramekins with filling and top with pastry circles. Make a couple of holes in the pastry to allow steam to escape. Place ramekins onto baking trays and bake in oven (180°C) for approx 18-25 minutes, or until browned.
Remove from oven and serve immediately.