Parsley and thyme oil
1. Place herbs and oil in mixing bowl and blitz 1 min/speed 10. Heat 6 min/60°C (140°F)/speed 6.
2. Line a sieve or steamer basket with a clean, folded kitchen cloth (eg. Chux) and place over a jug or bowl. Pour mixture over it, allowing flavoured oil to drip into jug or bowl. Discard pulp. Transfer oil into a jar or container. It will keep in the refrigerator for a month.
Celeriac and apple soup
3. If continuing after making oil, scrape out well including the lid.
4. Place onion in mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 4.5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
5. Add olive oil and saute 3 min/100°C (212°F)/speed 1.
6. Add celeriac, potato, apple and stock. Cook 20 min/100°C (212°F)/speed 2 or until vegetables are soft.
7. Blend 1 min/speed 10. Season to taste.
8. If using, cut stale bread into cubes and pan-toast to golden brown in a mixture of butter and olive oil.
9. Place soup in serving bowls, drizzle with herb oil and dot with croutons.