1. Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Melt butter over medium heat in a pot that will snugly hold the cabbage. Add the cabbage and cover with a lid. Cook over low heat, adjusting from time to time; you want a little bubbling but not a fierce boil.
2. Place orange juice and sugar into a small pot and reduce over high heat. Or, in a Thermomix, cook 35 min/Varoma/speed 2, MC off. Whether it’s pot or Thermomix, cook until the juice has reduced to the consistency of gravy, thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. See Tips.
3. Place macadamias on a roasting tray and roast for 6 minutes. Toss them and roast a further 6 minutes to golden brown. Remove and turn oven up to 190°C (375°F).
4. Cook the cabbage until you can poke a skewer through easily, with the slightest resistance. Depending on your cabbage this will take between 30 minutes and 2 hours 30 minutes.
5. Removed cooked cabbage from butter, cut it in half down the core, season it with salt and place it face down in a hot griddle pan or on a barbecue. Once it is dark and almost burnt, put the cabbage halves onto an oven tray and bake for 5 minutes to get colour on the outer leaves. See Tips.
To assemble, remove cabbage from oven and drizzle cut side with some of the orange glaze, letting it soak in.
Top with macadamias, stracciatella and chopped dill, then drizzle more orange glaze on top. Serve warm.